The central government on Monday announced the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for opening schools. According to the SOP, there will be no assessment of children for two-three weeks. Students’ mental health and emotional safety must also be considered. An emergency care team will have to be formed on campus. Children can be called to schools only with the consent of the parents.
[Latest News] Central Government School Open News 2020.
|Topic Name||Central Government School Open News|
|STD||9 To 12|
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for partial commencement of studies from Std 9 to Std 12. The study will start in the classes from 21st September. The ministry said the school was free to decide whether to start studying there.
|Read Gujarati||Click Here|
|Read Official Guidence||Click Here|
- All areas of school campus, furniture, equipment, stationery, storage place, water tank, kitchen, washroom, lab, library should be cleaned and disinfected.
- The school will have to form an Emergency Care Support Team or Response Team, General Support Team, Commodity Support Team, Hygiene Inspection Team and share the responsibilities under it.
- The school should prepare its own SOP on the basis of guidelines issued by the states so that social distance and health safety can be observed in the case of children. Notices, posters, messages should be put up in this regard and parents should also be mainly communicated.
- Social / physical distance should be taken into consideration while preparing the seating plan. Functions and events are avoided. Entry-exam of all the students is not done at the same time, for this different time table should be kept.
- All children and staff come to school wearing face covers or masks. It must be worn during school hours.
- Safety protocol, signage and markings related to social distance should be applied. Children come to school only after the written approval of the parents. If the parents want their child to study from home, it should be allowed.
- The academic calendar is modified for all classes. Breaks and exams in particular need to be reconsidered.
- Before reopening the school, make sure that all the children have the required textbooks available
- Health care attendants, nurses, doctors, counselors may be available at the school or available in the vicinity to pay attention to the physical and mental health of the children.
- Regular health checkups can also be arranged for school children and teachers
- Stay up to date on the health status of children, parents and teachers.
- Children and staff can study or work from home when they are sick, creating a flexible attendance and sick leave policy
The other part of SOP is related to social distance and academic aspect ....
- Create a comprehensive and alternative calendar with a view to learning outcomes
- The academic calendar may be reworked in view of the new situation.
- The school will have to focus on keeping the children united after the school opens.
- Teachers should talk to children about the outline of their curriculum and the mode of learning. It includes face-to-face instructions, individual assignments, group based products and group presentations.
- Also talk to the children about the dates of the school base assignment.
- Attention should be paid to various methods of study such as use of workbooks, worksheets, technology base resources, so that social distance can be observed.
- The school should ensure that children who study at home during lockdown easily return to formal schooling. For this, schools should reconsider their calendar and annual curriculum plan. For which Skull can start Remedian classes or run a back-to-school campus.
- Teachers, school counselors and school health workers unite to focus on students’ emotional safety