Gujarat government News Digital Gujarat Scholarship Yojna Portal is www.digitalgujarat.gov.in. Government Decided All Student Scholarship form is now online fillup at official web portal https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in.
Digital Gujarat Shishyavrutti Yojana :
The Education Department of Gujarat State is going invite all the eligible and needy candidates for Gujarat Scholarship 2020-21 Programme and all the candidates who want to get the benefits of this scholarship they must fill the application form on or before the last date. It is the great opportunity for candidates of backward classes such as SC, ST, OBC and Minority group or the candidates those their families are not financially well. To know more about the Gujarat Scholarship 2020-21 (Pre Matric/ Post Matric Scholarship) scroll below the article.
What is the Digital Gujarat Scholarship ?
This ambitious initiative is a brainchild of the Government of Gujarat, which is running through various concerned departments. The main aim of this scholarship is to uplift the system of education that the backward sections of society have access to.
1. Post Matric Digital Gujarat Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/Minority/SEBC students:
This Post matric Digital Gujarat Scholarship is provided by the Department of Social Justice with the aim of uplifting young minds from backward communities such as SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and SEBC.
In addition to being from one of the aforementioned communities, it is also required that the student is from an economically backward family.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must:
- Belong to SC/ST/OBC/Minority/SEBC Category
- Be studying in class 11 or above
- Belong to a family whose annual income is less than 1 Lakh or 2 Lakh P/A, depending on the category.
- Be a Domicile holder of Gujarat
The rewards of this scholarship include a 100% central government grant, in addition to hostel and book allowance.
All this can be availed at a scholarship price of up to Rs. 1000 depending on the category.
The date of application for this scholarship will be in the month of October 2020.
2. Post-Matric Government of India Scholarship for OBC students
The department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat is offering this scholarship to OBC students. The OBCs are financially and socially disadvantaged communities. This scholarship hopes to uplift these communities by giving the students belonging to these communities an opportunity to get a quality education.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be from the OBC Category
- Be a student of class 10 up to Post-Graduation
- Have an annual income of less than 1 Lakh P/A
3. Post Matric Scholarship for ST girl Candidates
This scholarship is offered by the Department of Social Justice and empowerment, which invites girls belonging to the ST category to apply. It is aimed at the upliftment of ST girls and helping them to become independent and give them a strong career backbone.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be a female belonging to the ST category
- Must have a family income of less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh P/A
- Must be pursuing a regular course from a recognized board/university
- Should not be receiving any other scholarship
- Must be a domicile holder of Gujarat.
The rewards include financial assistance in various fields for the scholarship holder.
4. Post Matric Scholarship for SC Girl Students
Like all the other scholarships in this list, this one too is provided by the Department of Social Justice and empowerment, Government of Gujarat. It is aimed at SC Girl candidates from financially backward backgrounds. The aim of this scholarship is to uplift these girls and give them a firm footing for their careers by giving them financial assistance to pursue higher education. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant must be a girl candidate from the SC Category
- Family income must be less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh Per annum.
The Rewards in this scholarship include financial assistance from the department.
The tentative application date for this scholarship is in the month of October 2020.